I-95 Section CPR (I-95/CPR)
Reconstruct I-95 between Levick Street and Bleigh Avenue, including reconstruction of the Cottman-Princeton Avenue Interchange.
Construction of Section CP1 is completed. The final section, CP2, remains under construction.
This phase included:
- Construction of a new southbound on-ramp from State Road at Longshore Avenue;
- Removal of the existing southbound on-ramp from Princeton Avenue;
- Construction of a new northbound on-ramp spur from Milnor Street that will connect with the existing northbound on-ramp from Princeton Avenue;
- Improve Princeton Avenue between Torresdale Avenue and State Road -- including traffic calming features and a bicycle lane -- and convert it into a two way road;.
- In addition to repaving, Princeton Avenue improvements include the installation of traffic calming features (curb bump-outs) and a painted bicycle lane.
- Widen and reconstruct Cottman Avenue to include one lane eastbound and two lanes westbound from State Road to Torresdale Avenue. Increase vertical clearance under the AMTRAK overpass to 14' 6";
- Widen State Road to two lanes southbound, one lane northbound, between Cottman and Princeton avenues.
This phase includes:
- Reconstruction of the I-95 pavement and seven (7) bridges between Bleigh Avenue and Levick Street;
- Construction will consist of three (3) phases: Southbound, Median, then Northbound lanes;
- Replace mainline bridges over: Bleigh Avenue; Northbound Off-ramp over Cottman Avenue; Northbound On-ramp over Princeton Avenue; New State Road; Longshore Avenue; Unruh Avenue; Magee Avenue.
- Construct a new southbound on-ramp from Cottman Avenue;
- Widen and improve the southbound off-ramp at Bleigh Avenue;
- Build 14 Retaining Walls adjacent to and supporting I-95;
- Replace an 84” diameter Philadelphia Water Department water main on Wissinoming Street between Cottman and Princeton Avenues;
- Replace a 126” diameter Philadelphia Water Department sewer culvert on Wissinoming Street between Cottman and Princeton Avenues;
- ITS upgrades;
- Reconstruct New State Road between Milnor Street and Princeton Avenue;
- Extend Princeton Avenue as eastbound-only from Wissinoming Street to Milnor Street.
Construction of CP2 is expected to be completed in 2016.