Click here for News Releases, Travel Advisories and Progress Photos for the ongoing construction at the I-95/Cottman Avenue Iterchange.
Go here for local street closures and restrictions.
I-95 Section CPR (I-95/CPR)
I-95 between Levick Street and Bleigh Avenue, including the Cottman-Princeton Avenue Interchange
Under this project, PennDOT will reconstruct and improve the interchange at Cottman Avenue and approximately 1.4 miles of the adjacent interstate. It will be completed under two separate contracts, or Sections. Read more.
CPR Construction Status - Fall 2014
Southbound Paving Progressing Toward Completion This Fall at Cottman Avenue Interchange
September 2014 -- Concrete paving is expected to finish this fall on 1.4 miles of southbound Interstate 95 at the Cottman Avenue Interchange in Northeast Philadelphia, the first stage of mainline widening and reconstruction under PennDOT’s $212 million interchange improvement project.....More
Record Contract for Second Stage of I-95/Cottman Avenue Interchange Improvement in Philadelphia
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation today announced the award of the largest construction contract in agency history, a $212.3 million contract to improve Interstate 95 and its interchange at Cottman Avenue (Route 73) in Northeast Philadelphia. More here.
The second and final phase of improvements to the Cottman Avenue-Princeton Avenue Interchange project will be done under Section CP2.
I-95/CP2: PennDOT's Contractor is:
- Rebuilding 1.4 miles of I-95 between Levick Street and Bleigh Avenue;
- Replacing seven structurally deficient bridges on the interstate and widening another;
- Building a new on-ramp to southbound I-95 from Cottman Avenue (Route 73); Upgrading three existing ramps;
- Extending Princeton Avenue east to Milnor Street;
- Reconstructing New State Road;
- Building 13 retaining walls;
- Replacing an 84-inch diameter water main and a 10.5-foot-high by 10.5-foot-wide sewer box culvert along Wissinoming Street;
- Installing storm water drainage pipes and Intelligent Transportation System equipment.
CP2 CONSTRUCTION IMPACTS
Construction of Section CP2 will be staged to provide three lanes in each direction for motorists on I-95 during peak travel hours. Lane and street closures may be in place on surface roads in the interchange area. Below are the traffic impacts expected on specific roads.
Wissinoming Street – between Cottman and Princeton avenues
- Closed permanently beginning August 2012
Bleigh, Cottman, Princeton, Longshore, Unruh and Magee avenues – east of I-95
- Periodic lane and street closures beginning August 2012
Go here for more information on I-95/CPR.
New Traffic Patterns at Cottman Avenue Interchange
August 2011 -- PennDOT will implement new traffic patterns this summer and fall on several surface roads at the I-95/Cottman Avenue Interchange area. Click on the image to the left to view or download a map showing the traffic pattern changes.